United Life Assurance products extend from funeral products to group life and personal life covers.
As a flexible and relevant insurer, we provide a Senior Citizens cover plans for people between the ages of 65 – 85 years. The rates are as follows:
JOINING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SENIOR CITIZEN PLAN
– ID copy of the policy holder
– ID copy of spouse and a copy of a marriage certificate, in the case of a spouse
– Copy of birth certificates for dependents
– ID of the nominated beneficiary
– All copies of original must be certified
There is a 12 months waiting period for the product. This means the product will not cover
death that is due to natural causes if it occurs within the first 12 months from inception.
Group schemes enjoy a waiting period of 6 months
Death that is due to an accident is covered immediately after payment of the first premium.
LAPSING OF POLICY
Should Dups Direct Insurance not receive any payments for a period of 12 (twelve)
consecutive months, the relevant policy will be cancelled. However, if premiums are not
received for a shorter period, there shall be a waiting period of 3 (three) months following
the settlement of all arrear premiums.
Claims are processed within 2 hours after receipt of all the necessary documentation.
Required documents to process a claims are:
– A copy of an identity document for the claimant,
– A copy of an identity document for the deceased,
– A copy of a death certificate,
– A letter confirming the presence of body from the undertaker where the body
remains of the deceased were kept.
– A copy of a marriage, in the case of a spouse.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS TO THE MEMBERS
– Free collection from anywhere in Swaziland for those 14 years and older
– Free Mortuary Services (14 days)
– 5% discount of coffin
– Expert Service
– Double pay-out on Accidental death of Principal Member.
WHY DUPS DIRECT INSURANCE LIMITED?
– We have a wide branch network for convenience
– Easy payment method choice
– Flexible premiums payment terms, i.e. annually, bi-annually, quarterly or monthly.
– The most experienced in the Swazi market
– We have sister companies that complement service delivery
Download all the Dups Direct Insurance Cover Plans brochure for all the details so you can make an informed decision on your purchase.
I am interested in the Dups Senior Citizens Insurance Cover product
View the most asked questions on our Life Assurance products below.
YES, but they have to be legally adopted.
You get CASH and you have the option to use the services of our Funeral Home with the cash received.
YES as long as pay-out does not exceed E50 000.
Only if you have a divorce decree to prove that the relationship no longer exists.
YES, provided they are below 85 years of age when they are added. The maximum cover is E10,000.00
YES, provided you notify UNITED of this change, in writing.
You can do this via multiple channels, physically you can come into one of our office and pay at reception or you can setup a debit order using the below details:
Bank: Standard Bank Swaziland
Account Name: Dups Direct Insurance
Account Type: Current
Account Number: 9110001930217
Branch Name Manzini Branch
Branch code: 660564
Swift Code: SBICSZXXX
Turnaround time is 2hours from receipt of all required document, and we are striving to improve.
12 Months for individual Policies and 6 Months for Group Policies. However, there is no waiting period for accidental death.
Family plan covers up to 8 people. Additional children, spouses , parents and parents in law (up to 4) can be covered at an added premium.
Suicide claims are honoured for policies that have completed 12 months and whose premiums are up to date.
Funeral policies do not have a surrender value and therefore no compensation when a policy is cancelled.
You will need to comply with the rules of the new policy. This will include the waiting period of the new policy. During the waiting period the initial cover is applicable.
The spouse has a continuity option on that policy.
Family plan policies provide free cover for one wife. Additional wives can be covered at an added cost.
YES policies are paid out 100% as per level of cover at that point in time. Terms and Conditions apply